First post - The WHY

3 years ago I read my first book in English. I only understood some 40% of the words written in it, enough to understand the story of the book. 

What I didn't expect was the sensation I had once it was finished. Ohh my God, I read it! (I've been trying to do that for some 10 years) I felt unstoppable. 

I realized, it was possible, that gave me souch joy that I wanted more of that feeling. I continued reading books until my understanding got to a 70% - 80%. 

At some point, a friend of mine introduced me to audio books. That was my second relevation, I could go from spending one month reading a book to spending only 6 to 10 hours listening an audio book in only one week! 

Suddenly, my main barriers disappeared, I was able to read a whole book in English and it didn't have to take too long. That very day, I decided that if very successful people can read one book a week, some 52 books a year, even with their busy lives, I might well try and have a go. 

I committed myself to this objective, my brain went from feeling 20% awake during my normal activities to some 90% awake. That's just the sensation I had once I consciously chose to spend some hours listening to quality content from audio books. "Feeding my brain" as I like to think of it. 

That's how everything started some 3 years ago. Now, some 110 books later and a collection of very good podcast has put me in a position in which I feel the need to transfer those main lessons, key points, useful tools to somewhere and maybe even share it. It feels almost like a need for summarizing all this information into specific key points. 

That's what it is about. This is a place to note down the main lessons from the books. Hope it might be useful for you and you find your own revelation, just as I did, that will make you unstoppable. 

Your own revelation might be just around the corner. Have you ever had one? What did you do? I would love to hear from your experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?