I'm happy I studied Engineering even though I don't see myself working as an engineer. Does it make sense? Personal reflection

I am very happy I studied Engineering,

Not necessarily because I want to work as an engineer, but

Because I highly appreciate Thinking Like and Engineer,

The logical skills learnt, natural curiosity to understand how things work, discipline, resilience, overcoming frustration,

So, even though I don't see myself working as a pure engineer, Thinking Like an Engineer provides me with a view of the world which I can bring to other areas of life, and therefore obtain a personal advantage having lateral thinking across disciplines.

Conclusion:
Even though I don't see myself working as a pure engineer, I wouldn't change my studies, because there I learnt the skills that I most value nowadays, which are the spine of my thinking, which I also believe gives me an edge when approaching opportunities and complementing it with other bodies of knowledge. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?