The power of Breaking Down projects into small parts, then small part and so on until getting to very simple activities

I think we constantly tend to underestimate the power of Breaking Down objectives into small groups of tasks, then into smaller activities until getting close to something easy to do.

There are some psychological implications and benefits from that view. 

Example. I want to make my home country a better place. Big objective.

How? Focusing on vulnerable communities.
How? Proposing sustainable and environmental programs in which they generate an income to support their expenses and continue growing the initiative.

Where? Research contemporary main issues for vulnerable communities in specific areas.

What's their main issue?
.... 
... 
.. 

After breaking it down so much until reaching something easier to digest and focus I might get something like this:

- Spending 10 hours a week of effective studying of the water properties, sustainable business,..., in 3 months I should know enough to generate a report.

- Then, continue those 10 hours weekly of studying to research and try to approach main organisations in the topic, 3 months later, produce another report with current state of institutions work, main players, strategy to build relationships,

- Approach communities, trying to flight and go visit those communities, one week, produce detailed report after it, 

- Start proposing possible plans to implement in those communities, 

- Research how to get funding to implement it, come up with plans for those resources, 
- Liate with those communities, and other people with skills that could help, 

- Link possible suppliers, clients, stakeholders, propose plans, 
....... 
.... 
...
.
1 year later:

The sum of many of those small tasks and activities Will likely show a good progress on the initial goal which was: I want to make my home country a better place to live. 


Conclusion. 

This views can be applied for everything and, in my opinion, that's how great leaders tend to think, they have the big idea in mind but they make sure it is possible to get there following many small steps. 

That's how a huge undertaking as Trying to make my home country a better place, becomes in more accesible steps such as Let's sit down to research 2 hours a day Monday to Friday. (10 hrs a week * 52 weeks = great progress) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?