6:37 am, the train departs at 6:38 am

Running the last two blocks to see if I can get the train in the 30 seconds left? Or waiting 8 more minutes in the cold weather for the next train?

I calculated my chances of getting in the train as 30%, having a 70% against me and then losing the effort running.

Inmediatamente, me empecé a decir a mi mismo en mi mente "No lo voy a alcanzar, no lo voy a alcanzar,..." a pesar de que mi cuerpo ya estaba en movimiento y listo para correr.

I realized about it and inmediately changed my self talk for "I will take this train, I will take this train,...", that changed everything, I ran with more will, and guess what? 

I got late to the train, but the guy in the train decided to wait a little bit for me and I got in.

This is a simple situation, but it clearly shows me how important is our self talk. How important it is to align our mind with our body and purpose. If we believe, the world will conspire, nature, people, God, will help us get to the destiny we believe we should be in.

Nice reflection in which I caught myself having negative self talk but fortunately it changed. It makes me wander in which other areas I might have negative self talk but I haven't realized it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?