Why my eyes are more tired since I work from home?

The eyes have muscles and therefore we need to exercise them as well. Staying home also means that your eyes exercise less. 

Doing daily commutes to work, meeting co-workers, being in big rooms, are all spaces in which the muscles in our eyes are constantly exercising. That doesn't happen when we are looking at an object (screen) right in front of your eyes continuously for over 8-10 hrs with no as many breaks as it should be. 

How do the eyes get exercised? 

They get exercised by: 1) looking at things at difference distances, 2) moving them up and down, left and right, or in circles, 3) looking at people in face to face meetings. 

And the eyes need to get constant rest by: 1) Blinking more often, as we tend to blink a lot less while on the computer, 2) use 20-20-20 rule, looking at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. 


Source of information. 
https://www.rebuildyourvision.com/blog/vision-conditions/computer-vision-syndrome/6-refreshing-eye-exercises-for-tired-computer-users/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?