Knowing who we want to be / to become

Is more difficult than what it seems. Early in life we just follow school, parents, Uni, jobs, etc, not having good guided reflections on who we want to be / to become, and why, hopping that by doing the same everybody does it will fulfill us. 

Why retirement is so hard on people? I believe it’s mostly due to spending a life of following that process without being intentional about Who we want to be / to become. I doubt that a person who has that clear would struggle with retirement for example.

It’s not about dying slowly. It is about figuring out (the sooner the better) who we want to be / to become, therefore living intentionally every single day knowing that all efforts are directed towards something meaningful. 

Spearing time for reflection is the best option. Looking for help on how to get started is a good option. The more we delay that the worse it gets, because time is the only currency we won’t have any change to get more of. So, don’t wait too long to reflect, and start dirge process of living intentionally, it’s not about the final destination, it’s about the journey and the everyday activities, experiences, challenges.


Sergio, morning reflections.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?