A job interview question

What’s the real vision of the company? I know it will most likely be written in the website, but really, what’s the vision of the company for that precise year, and the next ones? 

The next question, how can I help you to achieve that vision? How my contribution to the company will reflect on the potential achievements? 

Why those questions? I would be offering my time and skill set for the most productive time of my day, five of seven days, who knows for how long, then, why should I content myself just with financial safety and feel realised just by getting a job? 

I would like to know my daily efforts are meaningful, and relevant for a vision that I support. Why would I put most of my time and effort in a vision that I don’t share? For the money? Money helps, of course, but it doesn’t compare with a daily sense of purpose and intention, which a clear vision that affiliate with, does.

I guess the real personal question is: How can that company help me understand their vision to know if it is worth my most productive time and effort? and how my work will reflect on the results?

Motivation in the workplace is a very important factor. While everyone is different and have potential different aspirations and expectations for their work.

I believe this is a good perspective, so we minimise the risk of joining visions/ causes we don’t care about, while maximising the chances to feel motivated with our work, increase chances of having colleagues and leadership who actually make us feel inspired, and ultimately feel our contribution has helped a good cause/ vision. 

This idea is not fully developed, however the intention is to maximise the chances to land a in a job that feels right for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?