What is your true nature?

“The happiest people discover their own nature and match their life to it” Ray Dalio, book Principles.

So, it’s not really about how much we accomplish, it’s about learning about ourselves, what is our nature, that means, what we enjoy doing and are good at. That’s our nature.

Once having a better idea about our nature, then narrowing it down to create a life style around it.

Sounds simple but so profound. Really, like many other great quotes. (i.e. “It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey”).

So, according to that quote, knowing one’s nature is a very good step toward happiness. And then, figuring out the way to live a lifestyle around the application of those skills/ attributes in our nature.

Therefore, Self awareness is a clear path to happiness. 

And after that, Courage, and perseverance, to integrate our nature as the cornerstone of our lifestyle. I like that.

For some, it was probably easier to know their nature. For others, it was probably an idea, but nothing to know for sure. And others, probably never knowing their nature, neither doing things related.

In my case, I feel like my nature was not as evident to me, so I struggled for a long time searching for it. It’s a great challenge as things seem to get into place more smoothly. 

I know feel like I know more about my nature and that makes me happy, because I don’t feel the need to accomplish too much of the general signs of success, and rather, I can focus more on my own particular criteria for fulfilment and wellbeing. 

The next challenge is to work more on my natural skills so I have something clear to offer to the world, and then create a lifestyle around it.

Do you feel like you already know your nature? Those skills or attributes that come naturally to you? Can you use that to help others? 

If you don’t have a clear answer about your nature, don’t worry, I believe knowing it requires a lot of effort. Self knowledge is one of the most rewarding journeys, the best of all is that, your are the direct beneficiary of those efforts and also those around you as you create a source of support and inspiration for them.

Take the challenge of finding out your true nature, and if so, making it match your lifestyle. I’m also on that process, and everyday feels like progress, it is definitely rewarding. Good luck! 


Sergio πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ½

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?