Everything comes from mental models

The meaning of money is a collective mental model because paper itself doesn't have that much value. It's what it represents which has value, and that comes from a collective mental model.

Overcoming obstacles and achieving objectives is supported by the quality of the mental models we use. And to have good quality mental models firstly, we need to know ourselves or the organization the best we can and then start making experiments and recording results until we get closer to where we want to be.

Mental models. 

Example: I want to run more often. Then, identify what's the motivation behind and put in place mental models to support that goal. Helping the unconscious mind might help by placing the running shoes in a visible place plus a picture or message which summarizes the motivation. Let's say, running a half marathon. Then writing a 21K in a visible place in your room. That system would help to get you started joining the motivation with the trigger (running shoes) and oeganising a good time during the day/week for it so it can become a habit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking for help, the skill that no one taught me

The Addiction to mobile phones is real

Does my partner help me bring the good out of me? Do I help my partner show the best of them?